Tuna Pasta Casserole
Preparing time: 15 min
Cooking time: 35 min
2 ½ cups multigrain or whole-grain rotini
3 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed low fat cream of mushroom
1 container (8 oz) reduced-fat sour cream½ cup skim milk
2 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups frozen peas, thawed
2 cans (5 oz each) solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
½ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
2/3 cup whole grain crackers, coarsely crushed
1. Prepare pasta by cooking for 2 minutes less than package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Grease a 9×13 pan and preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. In a large bowl, mix Mazola, soup, sour cream, milk, cream cheese, pepper, and garlic powder until well mixed. Then, stir in peas, pasta, tuna, and cheddar cheese.
4. Transfer mixture into 9×13 baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. Remove and sprinkle with crushed crackers. Return to oven for 15-20 additional minutes, or until top is lightly golden brown and sauce is bubbling. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
Preparing time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
Servings: 10 servings
1 lb Top Sirloin Steak cut into strips
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
1/3 teaspoon Cornstarch
6-8 small Sweet Bell Peppers red, yellow and orange – diced
1 small Onion diced
1 small-medium Green Pepper diced
1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
Iceberg Lettuce for the wraps, instead of flour tortillas
Sesame Seeds to top each wrap, optional
Sriracha Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce instead of regular Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sirach Sauce
1 tablespoon Honey
1. Combine the three ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
2. Season the beef with the salt, pepper, garlic, grated ginger and coat with the cornstarch. Set aside.
3. Heat a skillet in high heat and add the Mazola® Corn Oil.
4. When oil is hot, add beef and saute undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Then stir and saute another 2 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
5. Add the diced peppers and onion. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add a couple of teaspoons of the sriracha soy sauce you made. Leaving some for later. Coat the meat and vegetables well.
7. Remove from the heat.
8. Grab a lettuce leaf, add in a tablespoon or more of the asian beef, top with sesame seeds.
9. Enjoy, share and repeat!